The aim of the project is the generation of electricity from renewable energies, in particular wind power. Because of the project, the capacity of the distribution network is increased and an equivalent amount of electrical energy is moved from fossil fuels.
To take advantage of the wind energy, Ansal API has installed 8 wind turbines of 1.5 MW each, with a total of 12 MW
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions associated with the use of fossil fuels for the generation of electric power. The use of the coal used so far is specifically replaced by wind energy.
- Minimization of the negative impacts associated with the emission of greenhouse gases, while contributing to the economic and social development of the region.
- Increase the value of the land where the project is located. The installation of wind farms requires large tracts of land, which allows to increase the value of the land, which otherwise would remain at very low prices, because most of these lands are very unproductive.
- Creation of direct occupation opportunities for the local population, during the assembly and commissioning of the turbines and in the phase of operation and subsequent maintenance of the wind turbines.
- Improvement of the electricity supply service because the electricity generated is poured into the Western Regional Network through the local network; the service has improved the frequency and availability of electric power (which used to be cut regularly). This has offered new opportunities for industries and economic activities and for local consumers, fostering the increase in indirect employment.
- Decentralization of economic power because the Ansal project contributes to the economic well-being of the nation by reducing the consumption of coal and other fossil fuels for the generation of electricity. This has allowed to diversify the national energy supply, dominated by the use of conventional fuels.