The project, which operates in the provinces of Shanxi, Hubei and Guizhou, reduces greenhouse gases by selling different types of improved stoves that use excess agricultural waste (a 100% renewable fuel source) and renewable wood, and improve the efficiency of coal consumption. By reducing the consumption of coal and replacing it with biomass, emissions and levels of exposure to indoor air pollution, arsenic and fluoride for end users are reduced.
The development of the project will allow the reduction of 399,501 t.CO2e per year, with a total of 2,796,503 t.CO2e during the 7 years of the project.
- Avoids internal air pollution
- Reduce GHG emissions
- Allows the use of the agricultural waste excess
- Reduction of deforestation associated with the consumption of firewood
- Improves the living and health conditions of local communities through greater availability and use of cleaner stoves
- Improve the livelihoods of poor households by reducing the time, cost of cooking and fuel collection, which will allow more time to spend on other important domestic tasks and productive activities
- Improves access to clean and affordable energy services
- It benefits the rural economy, providing employment in the installation, maintenance and monitoring of the stoves as well as in the training of local communities and employing community education personnel.